Academic Coordinator-UIC Global
UIC Global is a partnership between the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) and Shorelight. The mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students (graduate and undergraduate) in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic successes and likelihood of obtaining their degrees at UIC.
The Academic Coordinator provides support for the UIC Global academic team. Under the direction of academic leadership, the Academic Coordinator drives academic protocols and implementation of academic policies along with tracking key performance indicators for student success data. This role supports students with curricular requirements for their intended majors as well as utilization of academic support services on campus. The Academic Coordinator supports UIC Global and University staff to provide students with a smooth transition to their degree program. This role is responsible for accurate record keeping and supports academic leadership in scheduling, teaching, and relationship building with UIC Global. This position reports to the Managing Director.
The Academic Coordinator will work with students one on one and in small groups to share academic and curricular information so excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and outstanding interpersonal skills with cultural sensitivity toward students and staff from diverse backgrounds is critical. He/she/they is an energetic team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has excellent customer service skills. Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities as well as the ability to work in a diverse environment that requires cross-cultural awareness and understanding is essential.
Academic Data Management & Integrity
- Coordinate the collection of data and report on Academic KPI’s
- Develop and maintain cohort and student academic history and academic performance tracking
- Maintain student academic records and statistics, including progression statistics, grade alerts, student cases notes in the university advising system, and notes from faculty
- Collate and analyze course grade and attendance data
- Register students in courses within the student information system
- Develop and present workshops in partnership with Student Services
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of academic overview session at student orientation
- Advise students on academic matters related to curriculum, academic support services, academic standing.
- Function as academic liaison to the student services team, providing trainings, and serving as the SME (Subject Matter Expert) as required
- Coordinate the academic support services for UIC Global students in partnership with the university
- Work closely with the university advisors to ensure a coordinated advising and registration process as students’ progress
- Participate in committee meetings with stakeholders across the university, including faculty and staff
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years working experience in higher education or as administrative staff in a registrar’s office, academic, or related department
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and MS Access
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s Degree, preferably in a related field
- Proficiency with industry standard software and registration programs: Banner, PeopleSoft, Astra, (or other)
- Experience scheduling courses, classrooms, and faculty
- Experience with Salesforce or equivalent CRM at the data entry and administrative level
- Experience working successfully with non-native English speakers
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
UIC Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.