Adjunct Math/Computer Science Instructor – Remote, US
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Adjunct Math/Computer Science Instructor teaches pre-university, undergraduate, or graduate level math and/or computer science lessons on an interactive, synchronous, online platform. This role has an opportunity to provide tutoring through Shorelight’s Center for Academic Success. The Adjunct Math/Computer Science Instructor develops curriculum for delivery through UCommons, Shorelight’s signature online platform, and is responsible for adapting the curriculum as needed to address the needs of students. This role teaches group sessions in a virtual setting so access to reliable internet connection is required. The Adjunct Math/Computer Science Instructor reports to the Director, Teaching & Learning.
The Adjunct Math/Computer Science Instructor has a high level of professionalism, outstanding oral and written communication skills, and demonstrated adaptability. He/She/They has excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and outstanding interpersonal skills. The Adjunct Math/Computer Science Instructor is a team player who can work independently, is comfortable multitasking, can change priorities to fit business needs, and manages time efficiently.
Teaching & Administrative Support
- Prepare and deliver up to 22 hours of online instruction per week
- Develop and follow relevant and appropriate lesson plans with clear objectives that align with specified student learning outcomes and overall course format
- Provide oral and written feedback to students in a timely manner
- Deliver out-of-class academic support for students as needed
- Assess students and provide formative and summative evaluations that measure student progress in attaining student learning outcomes
- Facilitate effective online interactions that support math and/or computer science proficiency development
- Utilize the full range of UCommons technological capabilities to support effective teaching strategies that meet the individual needs of students
- Tutor as needed based on availability
- Carry out teaching-related administrative tasks, such as recording weekly grades, and monitoring attendance
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or closely related field
- 6+ months of teaching-related experience, such as teaching assistant or tutor
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely from the United States without sponsorship
- Experience teaching math or computer science online
- Experience teaching a multicultural/multilingual population
- Competence in a foreign language
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.