Alliance Development Representative (Business Development)
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
Shorelight Global Solutions (SGS) is responsible for end-to-end partnership and product strategy and development. The Alliance Development Representative plays a key role executing an outreach strategy to drive new partnerships and business opportunities. This role will primarily consist of researching potential clients, establishing new leads, managing CRM and similar prospecting and automation tools, executing early-stage sales processes, and analyzing, reporting on and improving our outreach processes.
Business Development and Relationship Management
- Perform a leading business development role by Managing, nurturing and developing new University relationships
- Execute effective outreach strategy that includes regular virtual and face-to-face presentations and interaction
- Work closely and collaboratively to develop complementary partnerships that meet targets and contribute to portfolio goals
Process and Data Management
- Complete regular needs analyses, formulating proposals, detailing costing, and negotiating payment terms
- Maintain and update prospect records in Salesforce; update Salesforce with relevant research and scheduling information
- Achieve set monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets through continuous new business development activities
- Bachelors degree
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work independently but within strategic framework
- 3 – 4 Year Marketing, Business development or fundraising experience
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
- Demonstrates poise, maturity, and resilience with internal and external audiences
- Good business acumen with demonstrated experience successfully collaborating with all levels of administration, including executive leadership and senior level customers to drive and enhance long-term partnerships
- 5 – 8 Years business development or account management experience in a B2B environment – preferably higher education
- Experience with Salesforce
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.