Assistant Student Recruitment Manager, Egypt
**This is not an HR job, this is Student Acquisition role
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally-minded alumni.
The Assistant Recruitment Manager (ARM) develops and executes a student recruitment strategy across the Region that targets international students seeking a US university degree. The role includes account development and management of key channel partners in the Region. The ARM will drive and ultimately ensures the execution of the recruitment strategy across the region and multiple channels to maximize the student opportunities across Shorelight’s portfolio of partner universities. The ARM will work closely with the Recruitment Manager for MENA and the Regional Director to develop the strategy and provide up to date market analysis and recommendations.
This position is based in Egypt and directly reports to the Recruitment Manager – MENA.
- Assist in the development and execution of regional revenue growth strategy across channels, products and sub regions to support Shorelight’s growth goals
- Assist with regional budget planning and management including target setting, T&E, scholarships/discounts, marketing, channel partner incentives etc.
- Work closely with the team and line manager to deliver critical feedback on new products, universities and programs for the region
- Maintain high levels of competitor awareness, product knowledge, and market intelligence
- Grow coverage and appointment/management of channel partners in new cities/countries across the Region to achieve enrollment goals for the region
- Develop and manage the annual partnership plans (APPs) of key channel partners in the region in conjunction with the Recruitment Manager and the Regional Director
- Co-develop and guide the execution of a multi-channel revenue growth strategy across agencies, sponsorship bodies, high school and D2C channels
- Co-develop and ensure execution of key regional initiatives such as multi-application bundling, scholarship incentives, etc. for each channel partner
Portfolio Sales Pipeline Management
- Responsible for the management of student pipeline development and executing against targets across each of Shorelight’s partners
- Developing and ensuring execution of campaigns that enables the successful launch of new programs and existing programs within the Shorelight portfolio, and adjusting as needed to drive target achievement
- Maintain a data-driven approach to recruitment, monitoring enrollment trends, and, using technology systems and outreach activities, seminars, conferences, meetings, and training events to build strong and lasting relationships with current and prospective channel partners, sponsorship bodies and Shorelight recruitment staff
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area. Master degree preferred but not required
- 1-3 years of experience in the international education/recruitment industry or a similarly structured industry
- Strong sales and account management skills
- Proven track record of working collaboratively in a matrix governance model
- Strategic-minded and sales-driven, with strong drive for results
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment while remaining pressure-resilient
- Proficient with technology and reporting programs/systems
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Exemplary customer service skills and ability to foster a customer service ethic within the regional team
- Willingness to travel across the region and to the US (approximately 30-40%)
- Existing network and relationships within the education industry in MENA is a plus but not required
- Fluency in English is required.
- Eligibility to work in the hiring location