Associate Director, Academic Implementation
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Associate Director, Academic Implementation, leads the implementation and launch of academic programming and support at new partnerships, creating the academic framework and operations in close collaboration with university leadership. The primary responsibility of this individual is to create, document, and seek consensus on the partnership’s academic governance. Reporting to the Senior Director, Implementation, the Associate Director, Academic Implementation, oversees all aspects of the Academic Implementation including campus-based and online Undergraduate, Graduate, ESL and non-degree programs. The Associate Director, Academic Implementation is a strong team player who collaborates cross-departmentally, has high attention to detail and documentation, and proves to be an effective communicator with key university stakeholders.
Academic Program Management
- Build academic operations, implementing systems and procedures, for campus-based and online undergraduate, graduate, ESL and non-degree programs.
- Collaborate with Shorelight and university personnel on curriculum design and delivery.
- Liaise with academic units to develop academic policy and programming that meets the partnership objectives and further strengthens the partnership’s mission, international reach, and outstanding reputation, and maximizes student success.
- Collaborate on the delivery of online course and workshop content to support student success.
- Train university and Shorelight personnel on the partnership’s academic governance.
- Demonstrates competence and comfort with graduate school environments and online learning.
- Experience working with international students
- Serve as relationship manager of critical university personnel including, but not limited to Department Deans, Program Directors, ESL Director, and Academic Chair.
- Partner with Admissions Implementation and Student Services Implementation to ensure a holistic program encompassing academic success, integration into the university environment, acculturation, student services support, and student success.
- Foster trust and collaboration with the university leadership and create a common framework and vision for student success and academic progression.
- Master’s degree with 5+ years’ experience in higher education, language school management
- Record of exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated tact, patience, and diplomacy, when collaborating cross-departmentally
- Eligibility to work and travel in the United States without Sponsorship
- Proficiency with technology, including CRM and SIS systems (Salesforce, PeopleSoft, Banner, Wrike, Jira)
- Experience with SEVP, Student Visa & Immigration Policy
- Experience working with international students in a higher education setting
- Experience administering graduate programs.
- Experience developing and/or administrating online programming.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, notably Canvas.
- Experience in TESOL
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer