Business Systems Administrator
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Business Systems Administrator ensures the team is maximizing efficiencies and capitalizing on the full features and benefits of the Salesforce (SFDC) and Enterprise systems based on business needs. The Business Systems Administrator interfaces directly with internal stakeholders to understand their needs so to administer and enhance the system accordingly. As the main point of contact for users, keeping current on new releases and AppExchange solutions as well as promoting adoption is critical.
This individual excels in problem solving, oral and written communication, and attention to detail. The ability to envision and implement continual process improvement and high-level customer service skills is essential. He or she demonstrates exceptional technical skills, the ability to work independently, and a strong teamwork ethic. This role reports to the Director, System and Software Management.
- Monitor, triage, and address incoming user requests using the IT Support Portal
- Configure and maintain custom objects, page layouts, data validation rules, custom workflows, approval processes and installed packages
- Manage data imports, database de-duping, and cleanup
- Manage the integration of applications connected to SFDC, including but not limited to Marketo, Adobe Sign, In-house Admissions Portal, and FormAssembly
- Engage with business stakeholders (SFDC users and integration systems users) to gather and analyze requirements as well as to propose solutions that leverage SFDC functionality
- Translate approved solutions into actionable deliverables within the respective systems, ensuring high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency
- Manage new releases of SFDC and efficiently roll out new features from testing through production
- Create and maintain user roles, profiles, and hierarchies
- Maintain systems security by sharing rules and security levels with end users
- Monitor usage and mentor users or groups needing assistance
- Develop process documentation and field maps
Enterprise Systems Administration
- Provide system administration and development support for SAAS CRM, ERP, intranet platforms, and other systems as they are implemented
- Work with Human Resources and IT support teams to ensure correct provisioning and deprovisioning of accounts in all designated systems during the onboarding and offboarding processes
- Perform system security audits and work closely with Security department to maintain compliance
- Create new reporting capabilities and respond to ad hoc reporting requests, as needed
- 2+ years of Salesforce administration experience
- Salesforce Administrator ADM-201 certification
- In-depth knowledge of the standard capabilities of SFDC
- Experience with SFDC integration with external systems
- Strong reporting background using standard reporting tools
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
- Salesforce Administrator ADM-301 certification
- Deep familiarity with a broad suite of cloud-based and SAAS applications in a business environment
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required – Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.