Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Corporate Paralegal supports Shorelight’s legal department, primarily by reviewing and drafting contracts, managing the formation and ongoing maintenance of Shorelight’s international and domestic subsidiaries, managing trademark and other intellectual property registrations, and performing some administrative duties.
The Corporate Paralegal is self-motivated with strong organizational skills, enjoys taking ownership, and seeks out ways to make processes more efficient. He/She/They must have strong oral and written communication skills, work well under pressure and challenging deadlines, and pay strong attention to detail. The Corporate Paralegal handles sensitive information and situations, so a high level of confidentiality is critical. This role will report to the Senior Counsel.
- Review and edit legal documents and forms for accuracy
- Prepare drafts and summaries of contracts for legal department
- Manage contract approval process
- Collect and verify credentials and other required documentation from vendors/contractors prior to executing new contracts
- Coordinate with local counsel and internal Shorelight departments (Human Resources, Finance, and Corporate Operations) for the formation and maintenance of domestic and foreign entities
- Manage international entity licensing applications
- Oversee the maintenance of foreign entities to ensure adherence to country-specific compliance requirements
- Manage relationships with outside local representatives to make required statutory filings
- Coordinate and assist with board meetings, including preparing resolutions and meeting minutes in accordance with local requirements
- Monitor and report changes in filing and reporting requirements to the legal department
- Support corporate records retention and maintenance for compliance purposes
- Maintain a database of existing registrations, due dates, and renewals, both foreign and domestic
- Liaise with outside counsel to file applications, statements of use, and renewal applications
- Organize and maintain the Dropbox database
- Review invoices for accuracy and upload them to Shorelight’s A/P system
- Arrange to obtain signatures and circulate forms in a remote work environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience as a corporate paralegal
- International incorporation work
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Experience working at a multinational and/or education company
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.