Desktop Support Specialist
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Desktop Support Specialist delivers direct, end-to-end technology support to Shorelight employees while providing excellent levels of service and support to the Shorelight community. This role is the first-line technical support contact for the Boston headquarters. He/She/They works closely with Human Resources to ensure that laptops and onboardings are provisioned, scheduled, and delivered with 100% accuracy. The Desktop Support Specialist reports to the Technical Support Manager.
The Desktop Support Specialist is an analytical and logical problem solver with outstanding oral and written communication skills and a proven ability present and address both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels of the organization. He/She/They is a team player who has high-level customer service skills, adjusts quickly to shifting priorities and deadlines, and thrives in a fast-paced, high-tech environment.
- Maintain and develop strong technical expertise in key technologies in use within Shorelight, which includes areas such as operating systems, browsers, voice and data networking, Zoom, Outlook email client, Office 365, Okta, and the like
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT issues via phone, Web, and in-person channels
- Contribute to Help Desk process documentation
- Maintain familiarity with current and upcoming technology trends in mobile, desktop OS, etc.
- Demonstrate initiative in recommending enhancements and improvements to the IT infrastructure
- Help maintain a current inventory/asset system of all computer hardware and software
Support & Customer Service
- Actively monitor onboarding pipeline and ticket queues, and ensure that all requests are handled in accordance with Shorelight’s service delivery standards
- Escalate tickets proactively to responsible senior team members or specialists
- Demonstrate high degrees of skill and tact in the areas of teamwork and interpersonal relationships, including highly effective oral, written, and listening communication skills
- Assume other duties as required
- 3+ years of experience in IT or a related field, with a strong background in operating systems, desktop support, security, networking, system administration, programming and scripting, and other IT technology areas
- Familiarity with Windows 10 and Mac OSX operating systems as well as a broad suite of cloud-based and SAAS applications in a business environment
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
- Previous support or customer service experience or training
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.