Back to Careers Page
Director of Marketing Automation
United States ,
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
Shorelight’s Marketing Team leverages a variety of standard technologies, such as email, CRM, web forms and chat to support marketing automation of the customer lifecycle. The Director of Marketing Automation will be responsible for the oversight and evolution of the systems and related workflows of each component of the team’s tech stack. As system owner, the ideal candidate will support day-to-day operations by developing scalable processes and ensuring that best practices are maintained. Additionally, it is critical that this candidate understand and optimize the movement of data across these systems. The Director of Marketing Automation will have excellent documentation skills and also be able to communicate and summarize with Engineering, IT, Analytics, and Sales Teams. The goal of this role is to maintain a center of excellence that aligns the best software to specific business operations and aims for strong data integrity. While this role will sit on the Marketing Team, this role must work cross-functionally to serve as the Marketing representative for various technology and strategy initiatives.
- Work in close partnership with Technology team for oversight and maintenance of marketing systems and enterprise technologies (Marketing Automation, SMS, CMS, CRM) and integrations between these applications
- Directly manage Campaign Coordinator role and 3rd party production and technology team. Develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement. Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, development planning, and ongoing feedback. Provide coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
- Serve as primary point of contact for all technology alignment between Marketing team and other key stakeholders, such as Recruitment, Analytics, Admissions, Enrollment, Campus Operations, and Technology
- Collaborate directly with Marketing Program, Creative, Content and Production Teams to deliver automated and ad-hoc campaigns across the entire student and counselor journey.
- Establish and maintain scalable processes and blueprints that ensure best practices in campaign delivery and lead management
- Proactively work with Marketing leadership to identify opportunities to optimize performance, improve data visibility and usage, and create operational efficiencies through process or technology improvements
- Meet regularly with Marketing, Sales, Analytics, and Technology stakeholders to understand goals and gaps, and develop new engagement strategies that advance their goals
- Develop and maintain compliance activities (esp. GDPR) that ensure Shorelight’s communications and data collection are done within the legal requirements with particular attention paid to international communication laws
- Oversee data security and integrity, and maintain compliance activities (GDPR) to ensure Shorelight’s communications and data collection adhere to legal requirements
- Maintain a strong rapport and continuous collaboration between departmental business partners and technology users/teams
- Oversee daily operations, incident management, business processes/procedures and quality control
- Work closely with Marketing Team peers to identify issues and opportunities for define and execute initiatives to
- BA/BS in Marketing or 5-6 years equivalent working experience
- Strong analytical skills (including mastery of Microsoft Excel and Tableau or equivalent) and experience with reporting and data analysis
- Proficient in sales and marketing automation systems and integration of the same
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work collaboratively with business and technology stakeholders
- Excellent documentation practices
- Thorough troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to summarize technical requirements for non-technical team members
- Ability to travel and work in the United States without sponsorship
- Masters Degree or 8-10 years equivalent working experience
- Experience in international education sector
- Experience managing staff
- Excellent communicator
- Comfortable with multiple project management styles
- Consensus builder and collaborator
- Passionate technologist
Systems & Technologies
- Customer relationship management (CRM) platforms (Salesforce)
- Content management (CMS) platforms (Contentful)
- Marketing Automation (Marketo)
- Google Marketing suite
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.