Director, Partner Operations-Financial Operations
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Director, Partner Operations-Financial Operations is a key liaison between the finance and campus-based teams in building and maintaining operations of Shorelight’s programs. This role provides leadership in cross functional initiatives support Shorelight’s success goals and improve best practices. The Director, Partner Operations-Financial Operations reports to the Executive Director.
The Director, Partner Operations-Financial Operations is a skilled leader who can work across teams to support scalable operating procedures and business processes. This role supports and collaborates with campus leadership so high levels of customer service and outstanding oral and written communication skills is essential. He/She/They must have a flexible, hands-on approach to problem solving with the ability to manage time efficiently and maintain a high level of organization.
Essential Functions Finance Operations
- Lead the student accounts receivable team in tracking student balances and coordinating with campus leadership and finance on status, trends, and process
- Collaborate with acquisition, finance and campus teams on sponsored student tracking, invoicing and collections as well as students on approved loans
- Support the monthly close process and help to establish standard operating procedures that support this process
- Partner with Operations and Finance leadership on the annual budget process
- Lead the cross functional team responsible for the creation and maintenance of Shorelight’s Pricebook
- Assist with audit preparation as needed
- Collaborate with finance on key business process to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Support campus leadership on standard operating procedures and reporting on student accounts
- Collabroate with University leadership on financial reocncilation and flow of funds optimization
Policy & Process Optimization
- Manage creation and updates to Shorelight standard operating manual for all policy and procedures related to student accounts
- Manage and guide the student accounts receivable team on workflow and process
- Support finance and operations leadership in the implementation of policy and process that supports our goals
- Recruit, develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement
- Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, stay interviews, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organization goals
- Provide coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
- Foster a culture that reflects Shorelight’s values
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in higher education
- Ability to effectively work across Shorelight departments with all levels of stakeholders
- Experience leading school operations, policy creation, and budget management
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s degree
- Experience working with international students in an administrative capacity
- Ability to work with project management and finance software
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.