Events and Special Projects Coordinator – Adelphi International
The Adelphi International Accelerator Program is a partnership between Adelphi University and Shorelight Education. In support of the University’s strategic plan goal of bringing the world to USA and ADU to the world, the mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students (graduate and undergraduate) in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic successes and likelihood of obtaining their degrees at Adelphi.
The Events and Special Projects Coordinator (ESPC) leads Adelphi International’s efforts in planning orientation, familiarization tours, short-term exchanges, and large-scale campus cultural programs for international students enrolled in the International Accelerator Program. This role is to ensure the delivery of a high-quality programs and experiences for all students. Reporting to the Managing Director, the ESPC coordinates the operational and logistic components of events, including room reservations, catering, transportation, and program supply orders. He/She/They develop and maintain relationships with university personnel as well as community and student leaders.
The ESPC is an energetic and skilled team player who demonstrates a diligent work ethic and strong commitment to the details of event planning with a focus on meeting the needs of international students. He/She/They possess exemplary customer service skills and a flexible, hands-on approach to problem solving. The ability to manage time efficiently and maintain a high level of organization is critical.
- Assist the admissions team with the documentation and admissions process into the Adelphi International Program
- Manage the admissions pipeline and aid in the addition of ancillaries and creation os statement of fees
- Partner with the regional recruitment and sales teams to train all recruitment staff in communicating the value proposition of the Adelphi International Program and ensure an excellent student experience
- Monitor enrollment trends and report on all phases of the recruitment process to the Managing Director and Global Director of Sales
- Host direct student visitors wanting to see our programs providing them the experience that Manhattan offers compared to other programs
Finance and Accounting Administrative Support
- Serve as the campus point of contact for students and others on billing and payment issues
- Process student payments into SalesForce, confirming enrollment data for each term and identifying accounts on hold
- Initiate refunds, credit memos, and adjustments
- Collaborate with Finance on all student-facing initiatives, such as collecting payments and updating monthly A/R aging file
- Prepare and submit sponsor billing
- Generate statement of fees for students on campus as requested
- Set up vendor accounts and invoicing
- Participate in annual PriceBook update and assist with yearly financial audit
Events & Special Projects Coordination
- Work closely with Student Services Director and Student Services Team to facilitate planning and execution of the orientations per year
- Create accurate records for recap of Orientation to improve the process for future intakes
- Continue relations with university departments to strategize efficient processes during Orientation, including immigration processing, catering, reserving rooms, etc.
- Manage and delegate, in conjunction with the Student Services Director and Assistant Managing Director, the assignments for executing Orientation including but not limited to transportation, meals, venue and classroom booking, permits, university department presentations, airport customer service relations, cultural adjustment programming, and rules, regulations and policy discussions
- Work closely with Student Services to schedule housing, linen packs, and supply needs before orientation
- Coordinate efforts to support the community through student/staff volunteering and donations
- Plan large programming events, in conjunction with Student Services staff and others, including co-sponsoring campus-wide cultural events, social and cultural programs, residence hall programs for domestic and international students, etc. at both AUI’s Garden City and Manhattan locations, and the Oakdale partnership with Amity University
- Plan and execute any additional projects that will impact the overall experience of an AUI student or contribute to the success of AUI as determined by the Assistant Managing Director or Managing Director of Adelphi International
- Plan and organize the Amity 3C annual short-term exchange program
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel
- Experience working successfully with non-native English speakers
- Ability to work in a diverse environment that requires cross-cultural awareness and understanding
- Demonstrated hands-on approach to customer service and business growth
- Eligibility to work and travel in the United States without sponsorship
- Experience with LMS and CRM software
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Adelphi International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.