Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Payroll Specialist assists the Payroll Supervisor in processing payroll and will partner with the accounting team to ensure accurate recording of all general ledger accounting activities related to payroll. This position reports directly to the Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting. He/she/they partners with Human Resources to ensure best practices are utilized and data accuracy is maintained.
- Assist the Payroll Supervisor in processing US payroll for hourly, salaried, and temporary employees, including importing hours from time and attendance system within the payroll system (Paylocity)
- Support the accounting team in recording all payroll transactions in the company’s general ledger accounting system (Netsuite)
- Ability to calculate wages, benefits, tax deductions, commissions, etc.
- Work with international payroll providers to process monthly international payrolls
- Assist the Payroll Supervisor in Year W2 Preparation
- Support Employees with Self Service (Address Changes, Direct Deposit Changes, Password Resets)
- Produce scheduled and ad hoc reports pertaining to payroll and general ledger activities for review by management
- Reconcile Benefit Data from payroll records to benefit provider statements on a monthly basis
- Support the accounting team in preparing journal entries for benefit service provider invoices and report any discrepancies to Human Resources
- Responsible for maintaining data integrity in the system by running queries, analyzing data, and reviewing source documents for accuracy and completion of data input
- Work directly with Payroll Supervisor to implement and maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency and partner with human resources on any initiatives to improve payroll and HRIS processes
- At least 2+ years of experience processing payroll and supporting all associated general ledger accounting activities
- Strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including payroll, benefits, and time/attendance
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Adaptability and flexibility, with demonstrated positive, problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline
- Strong ability to work as a team player within a diverse environment
- Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-through skills
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests for data; ability to provide excellent customer service
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Knowledge of basic human resources, payroll practices, and compliance or other related experience
- Ability to work under pressure with challenging deadlines
- Experience with Paylocity
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.