Product Marketing Coordinator
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Product Marketing Coordinator supports the go-to-market planning and execution for new Shorelight universities and programs and will execute a global events plan that will support the successful launch of new products and programs in market and generate new student enrollments.
The Product Marketing Coordinator is a skilled team player who collaborates cross-departmentally with key members of the Shorelight Student Acquisition team, including global marketing, recruitment, and admissions. They will also work directly with product management and university stakeholders, and will coordinate on the marketing strategies for new and existing programs with the goal of increasing applications and new student enrollments.
The Product Marketing Coordinator will be required to have a deep working knowledge of Shorelight’s products and consumers, and a strong understanding of university brands and value propositions to develop effective global marketing campaigns. This person works cross-departmentally and with external vendors to ensure timely execution of objectives and establishes a robust system for reporting against marketing plans. This role reports to the Director, Product Marketing.
- Support the development and execution of go-to-market plans and stakeholder reviews and approvals for new universities and products
- Coordinate marketing discussions with University stakeholders and product owners during new program launches
- Partner with Design and other Shorelight departments to ensure projects, including new university partnerships and go-to-market plans, are on track and on brand
- Support annual marketing updates for all Shorelight universities
- Manage execution of global digital marketing campaigns, including email, social media, and virtual events
- Manage the development of digital presence for new university products and programs across Shorelight’s digital portfolio, including but not limited to Shorelight website(s), email campaigns, affiliate partnerships, and social media platforms
- Lead planning and creation of virtual events for new product launches
- Publish and maintain university partnership messaging, branding, and toolkit development content for new university partnerships and products for the first 12 months of university partnership with Shorelight
- Deep knowledge and understanding of all Shorelight partner brands and positioning within the portfolio and support the ongoing defining of unique value propositions
- Ensure all brands within the Shorelight portfolio are treated according to brand guidelines; monitor usage, identify misuse, and rectify
- Work directly with university stakeholders to support review and approval of brand updates or changes
- Support global student recruitment requests and projects to support engagement with prospective students and global education counselors
- Partner with Product and Implementation teams to ensure alignment on product launch timelines and go to market plans
- Liaise with University marketing team to facilitate reviews and approvals of marketing collateral and campaigns as needed
- Optimize and maintain the Marketing team’s intranet presence and strategy
- Build and broadcast important product updates and launch announcements for Program Marketing
- Communicate key deliverables, milestones, and progress to project stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, media, journalism, international relations, or related area
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and project management skills, including setting priorities and anticipating needs
- Fluency in social media and knowledge of the digital landscape
- Demonstrated self-starter driven toward results with the ability to take initiative, perform multiple assignments, and complete projects in a timely manner
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including excellent ability to communicate and collaborate with people from a wide variety of cultures and linguistic backgrounds
- Strong team player who is comfortable collaborating within cross-functional and global teams
- Ability to travel as needed to Shorelight university partner campuses
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- 2-4+ years of experience in marketing
- Project management experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat)
- Experience in the use of, or knowledge of, technology to support marketing strategies
- Experience working in Wrike or similar project management tool
- Experience working in WordPress or similar CMS
- Experience in the international higher education space
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity