Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Project Manager leads projects and teams, ranging in size and complexity, defines appropriate project methodology, and executes cross-functional projects from initiation to closure. The role will lead scope definition, risk identification, and quality control. This position reports on project status; determines time frames, staffing, and resource requirements; and leads others to make meaningful process improvements. The Project Manager manages projects to delivery within scope, on time, and on budget.
- Lead the end-to-end delivery of projects, including planning, assessment, design, development, integration, testing, and deployment of solutions
- Lead or contribute to the development of project definition and scope with applicable stakeholders
- Work closely and collaboratively with project leadership to anticipate and surface areas of risk, and proposed solutions.Gather project requirements and document technical and operational specifications
- Create project plans with detailed task distribution and execute projects to ensure the project is delivered on time and aligned with customer expectations
- Monitor and document project milestones, outcomes, and responsibilities throughout the project lifecycle
- Conduct project team meetings and situational analysis regularly to ensure appropriate communication to all stakeholders
Reporting and Documentation
- Develop presentations, dashboards, reports, and other team- and executive-level project communications and documentation
- Develop, communicate, and implement project risk mitigation plans, complete documentation to effectively monitor risk, and ensure accountability and responsibility of key business leaders
- Develop and implement contingency and recovery plans when deliverables are missed
- Document and communicate project changes, project health, and project status to project team, business owners, and executive sponsors
- Contribute to configuration, troubleshooting, and design work for assigned projects, as needed
- Provide support, training, and augmentations for live projects, if necessary
- Bachelors degree
- Experience in analyzing systems and gathering requirements from stakeholders and documenting requirement specifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to make executive-level presentations to stakeholders and organizational leadership
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
- 3+ years’ experience implementing complex solutions in rapidly evolving business environment
- Experience working with remote third-party development teams
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies as well as stay current on existing ones, pursuing experience and certifications in leading-edge or primary technology areas
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.