Staff Accountant, Campus
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Staff Accountant manages all accounting activities for several campus partnerships. Under the direction of finance leadership, the Staff Accountant collaborates with each partnership’s Managing Director and the financial, planning, and analysis team to monitor annual and monthly budgets and transition to actual reporting. He/She/They is fiscally responsible and looks for opportunities to improve operational practice to align with financial goals. The Staff Accountant reports directly to the Senior Accounting Manager with a dotted line to Senior Accountants.
The Staff Accountant is a strategic problem solver who is exceptionally organized with strong attention to detail. He/She/They has a proven customer service approach to working with others, has outstanding oral and written communication skills, and can communicate courteously and timely with all levels in the company. The Staff Accountant is a team player who can work independently, is comfortable multitasking, can change priorities to fit business needs, and manages time efficiently.
- Prepare and enter journal entries for the monthly financial close of multiple university partnerships. Areas include cash, prepaids, fixed assets, revenue, and all required cost accruals.
- Prepare month-end reconciliations for required balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Work closely with the campus team to ensure accurate invoicing of students and sponsors
- Review, reconcile, and approve university invoices for payment
- Assist campus team with ensuring student financial accounts are accurate in both SalesForce and in NetSuite
- Collaborate with corporate and campus teams on all financial aspects of assigned partnerships, including maintaining KPI’s on student enrollment, operational expenses, student invoicing, discounts, and progression invoicing
- Support campus team with providing excellent customer service to students, staff, university partners, and vendors through consistent, courteous, and timely communication regarding account/payment status, inquiries, requests, and disputes
Data Management, Compliance and Process Improvement
- Assist management with monthly and quarterly financial reviews by documenting analysis explaining swings or adjustments of the financials
- Assist with corporate audit readiness
- Review, recommend, and implement best practices regarding accounting policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 2+ years of experience in accounting or finance
- Proven expertise using Microsoft Office products, primarily Excel
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
- Experience with a CRM system such as Salesforce
- Experience working with accounting software such as NetSuite
- Experience working successfully with non-native English speakers
- Budget and accrual experience
- Prior experience with FloQast or other close management software
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.