Back to Careers Page
Temporary Product Marketing Manager
United States ,
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The temporary Product Marketing Manager is responsible for brand management, content creation, marketing campaign development, and program go-to-market planning and execution for Shorelight universities. He/She/They possess a strong understanding of university brands and value propositions as well as global and regional marketing needs. The temporary Product Marketing Manager is a skilled team player who collaborates cross-departmentally with key members of the global marketing, analytics, recruitment, product and implementation teams, and will coordinate and execute on the marketing strategies for new and existing products with the goal of increasing applications and enrolled students.
The temporary Product Marketing Manager project-manages go-to-market plans for new partners and programs and critical functions and strategic initiatives within the student acquisition team, acting as a key point of contact for internal and external stakeholders from project inception to delivery.
The temporary Product Marketing Manager works cross-departmentally and with external vendors to ensure timely execution of objectives and establishes a robust system for reporting against marketing plans. This role reports to the Executive Director, Product Marketing.
- Support and project manage go-to-market plans for new universities and products, support the trafficking of materials, reviews and approvals
- Support new University launch efforts, including collateral development, university review and approval cycles, launch communications, and sales training
- Ensure ongoing marketing and engagement campaigns (email), sales enablement, and digital and print content projects stay on track
- Partner with Creative Services and other Shorelight departments to ensure projects are on track and on brand
- Liaise with University marketing team to facilitate reviews and approvals of marketing collateral and campaigns as needed, and ensuring all feedback is incorporated
- Monitor project tasks and milestones daily and escalate any roadblocks or project delays that may impact timeline on priority projects
- Ensure all brands within the Shorelight portfolio are treated according to brand guidelines; monitor usage, identify misuse, and rectify
- Work with University marketing team as needed for reviews and approvals on Shorelight collateral that has been revised to align with updated brand guidelines
- Ensure that all universities differentiated within the Shorelight portfolio and their marketing materials highlight the differences and benefits of each.
- Help identify and facilitate potential stories (student profiles, faculty spotlights, etc.) across the Shorelight portfolio for featured content on Shorelight.com
Virtual Events and Digital Engagement
- Project manage global virtual university fair – manage agenda and support the planning, logistics, and execution of event
- Support ongoing webinars and digital engagement activities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, media, journalism, international relations, or related area
- 4+ years of experience in marketing
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and project management skills, including setting priorities and anticipating needs
- Fluency in social media and knowledge of the digital landscape
- Demonstrated self-starter driven toward results with the ability to take initiative, perform multiple assignments, and complete projects in a timely manner
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including excellent ability to communicate and collaborate with people from a wide variety of cultures and linguistic backgrounds
- Strong team player who is comfortable collaborating within cross-functional and global teams
- Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat)
- Ability to travel as needed to Shorelight university partner campuses
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Project management experience
- Multimedia production experience and strong writing skills
- Experience in the use of, or knowledge of, technology to support marketing strategies
- Skills in design, copywriting, public speaking, proofing, scheduling, organizing, trafficking, and consolidating feedback
- Experience working in Wrike or similar project management tool
- Experience working in WordPress or similar CMS
- Experience in the international higher education space
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.