UDayton Global — Student Services Advisor
UDayton Global is an innovative partnership between the University of Dayton and Shorelight Education. Together, they created UDayton Global’s International Accelerator Program (IAP), which combines intensive English-language instruction with courses, programs and additional support to help international students adjust academically and socially to the University of Dayton and the community of Dayton, Ohio. Offering programs for both undergraduate and graduate students, the IAP expands the university’s efforts to educate students from around the world and ensure positive outcomes.
The University of Dayton is a top-tier Catholic, Marianist research university that stands as a leader in higher education and one of the preeminent Catholic universities in the nation. It is one of the largest private universities in Ohio, with enrollment of more than 10,800 students, including more than 7,800 full-time undergraduates. The university employs approximately 2,600 full-time and part-time faculty and staff and is distinguished by strong academics, research and community involvement. The University of Dayton is an inclusive and collaborative community and a great place work!
The Student Service Advisor (SSA) is an energetic team player who can successfully execute support services catered to international students. The primary responsibility of the SSA is to deliver high-quality co-curricular and extracurricular support experiences for program students, as well as hands-on academic support, guidance, and mentoring. The SSA has excellent customer service skills, and the ability to focus his/her attention on individual students as they are guided through the program. The SSA also possesses the interpersonal and intercultural skills necessary to work closely with students, parents, program staff, and university administration.
- Guide, prepare and motivate students to a successful undergraduate or graduate experience and degree completion.
- Deliver exceptional student services, beginning with pre-arrival processes, airport transfers, orientation programming, on-going student services support, and student acculturation into the university
- Contribute to the design and delivery of services that provide a strong foundation for the student’s academic success
- Provide mentorship, training, and coaching to support student skill development in areas including but not limited to goal setting, strategic planning, cultural competency, problem solving, and interpersonal relationship
- Assist in the development, promotion, and implementation of programs to support student retention and socialization/acculturation; assist in the design and implementation of orientation programming
- Teach or coach first year transitional programming as assigned
- Support key relationships at the university and at the partnership, including Academic teams, International Student Services, Campus Housing, Dining Services, Student Development & Enrollment Services, Office of Student Involvement, Office of the Registrar, and various other departments
- Maintain accurate records and reporting for assigned cohort of students.
- Contribute to student services operations to ensure that systems and procedures are followed and technology is used to streamline systems and procedures; as relevant, assist in the creation of new processes
- Assist with the coordination of student satisfaction surveys and associated analysis, with an eye towards improving the student experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, take initiative, and maintain a high energy level
- Demonstrated flexibility and interpersonal communication skills
- Problem-solving, decision-making, and creative-thinking abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s degree
- Experience in higher education advising, student services, or hospitality
- Experience working with international students or customers in an administrative or academic capacity desired
- Experience planning and organizing events
- Experience working successfully with non-native English speakers
- Knowledge of Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic or Hindi is preferred
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Needed – Identity, Education, Criminal
UDayton Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.