Academic Coordinator – Utah Global
Utah Global is a partnership between the University of Utah and Shorelight. In support of the University’s strategic plan of bringing the world to the USA and Utah Global to the world, the mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic successes and likelihood of obtaining their degrees at the University of Utah.
The Academic Coordinator (AC) supports the Utah Global academic team and reports to the Academic Director (AD). Under the direction of the AD and academic leadership, the AC drives academic protocols and implementation of academic policies along with tracking key performance indicators for student success data. The AC collaborates on efforts to ensure quality curriculum delivery, hire and mentor Utah Global teaching faculty, and provide an excellent overall student experience. The AC supports students in meeting curricular requirements for their intended majors and using academic support services on campus. In addition, the AC supports Utah Global and university staff to provide students with a smooth transition to their degree programs. Lastly, the AC ensures accurate recordkeeping and supports academic leadership in scheduling, teaching, and relationship building with university partners.
Academic Data Management and Integrity
- Coordinate data collection and report on academic KPIs
- Develop and maintain cohort and student academic history, and track academic performance
- Maintain student academic records and statistics, including progression statistics, FERPA release forms, workshop attendance, and notes from faculty
- Work with the university academic advising liaison to register students in courses and monitor enrollments
- Partner with Students Services to develop and present workshops
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of academic overview sessions at student orientation
- Work closely with the AD and others on the Utah Global leadership team to deliver curriculum, hire and mentor faculty and staff, and ensure an overall positive student experience
- Work with academic departments to schedule courses and assign instructional staff
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to maintain academic program quality, meet university and accrediting bodies’ standards, and ensure continuous program evaluation and improvement
- Coordinate academic support services for Utah Global students in partnership with the university
- Coordinate meetings between Student Services Advisors and students who are struggling academically and serve as ancillary support for academics in such meetings
- Work closely with college advisors to ensure a coordinated advising and registration process as students progress
- Participate in committee meetings with stakeholders across the university, including faculty and staff
- Assist the academic leadership team as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field
- 1+ years’ working experience in higher education or as administrative staff in a registrar’s office, academic, or related department
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work effectively with students one on one and in small groups to share academic and curricular information
- Ability to work in a diverse environment that requires cross-cultural awareness and understanding
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, take initiative, and maintain a high-energy level
- Eligible to work and travel in the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s degree, preferably in a related field
- Teaching and curriculum development experience
- Proficiency with the Canvas learning management system
- Experience scheduling courses, classrooms, and faculty
- Experience with Salesforce or equivalent CRM at the data entry and administrative level
- Experience working successfully with non-native English speakers
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity.
Utah Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.