Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Business Analyst is an integral role on Product and Engineering teams, working closely with business stakeholders to perform detailed requirements analysis on prioritized company initiatives. He/She/They works in tandem with the Technical Product Owner group as well as with software development, architecture, and operations experts to detail and define business process and user stories. Working as part of the Product Requirements Team, the Business Analyst defines problems and scope through detailed business analysis to accelerate the technical design phase of upcoming projects and initiatives. This role reports to the Product Manager within the Product Requirements Team.
The Business Analyst has excellent analytical and conceptual thinking skills, manages time efficiently, and can prioritize tasks and control scope. He/She/They is a problem solver with outstanding oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject-matter experts. The Business Analyst is comfortable multitasking, has the ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities and deadlines, and has the ability to lead without formal authority.
Process Analysis and Documentation
- Create and maintain documentation of process and technical materials that are appropriate and meaningful for the defined audience using standard toolsets
- Produce data repositories and reports including flow diagrams, process documents, and user stories
- Evaluate current and future business processes and the anticipation of requirements required for upcoming projects that have been prioritized and require technical solutions
- Produce business and technology intelligence by applying knowledge of requirements definition and project coordination as it relates to the defined technical roadmap initiatives and ongoing agile sprints
- Draft features and user stories with acceptance criteria to seed product backlog and begin the prioritization process
- Maintain a strong understanding of Shorelight’s technical systems to identify problems, propose solutions through collaboration with technical teams, and work across business functions to clarify gaps in current systems
- Support mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of release/sprint goals
- Develop expertise and empathy for customers and learners to ensure a high quality user experience
- Document and communicate technology roadmap milestones to the product requirements and agile delivery teams
- Develop rapport and trust with business owners, key stakeholders, and a highly technical development team to collaborate and ensure product alignment
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years’ experience in a business analyst role (or similar) in an agile software development environment, including a strong working knowledge of methodology, user stories, and iterative development
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or a business-related field
- Business Analyst certification (e.g., CBDA, CFLBA, CPRE, PBA, etc)
- Working knowledge of LucidChart, Confluence, and JIRA
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.