Business Systems Analyst
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Business Systems Analyst performs routine business analysis to identify areas of improvement, recommend new system processes and procedures, and create solutions to increase performance and revenue. He/She/They help produce ad hoc data and reports and developing or implementing systems to capture business operation information. The Business System Analyst reports to the Director of Systems & Software Management.
The Business Systems Analyst must be self-motivated and self-directed. He/She/They are comfortable multitasking, changing priorities as needed, and managing time efficiently. The Business System Analyst has exceptional interpersonal skills and outstanding oral and written communication skills accompanied with a proven ability to address both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels of the organization.
Business Systems Operations
- Evaluate company systems and current processes
- Compile objectives for improving and streamlining company procedures
- Provide system administration and integration support for SAAS business platforms and software
- Research and compare system and software needs to make recommendations for the business
- Plan, guide, and implement internal and external supportive business solutions
- Track progress of all technical components of new product and partnership launches
- Identify and guide technical teams to address issues in existing systems and ensure upgrades and improvements are maintained as necessary
Tracking and Analytics
- Analyze company software and hardware uses and needs
- Track company systems progress and report on progress
- Document and create reports on systems effectiveness
- Translate data for presentation to other team members and external business units
- Compile, write, and distribute system process specifications
Technical and Operational Efficiency
- Develop procedures to improve existing systems
- Present key information to IT teams for improvements
- Assist with Root Cause Analysis (RCA) efforts (prioritize problems, identify, and validate RCA) and if needed document and identify alternative solutions
- Recommend new system developments with the goal of enhancing company business performance
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and automation
- Create guides to system updates as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or IT related field
- Two (2) years previous experience in a related role
- Able to analyze system records and translate data
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Tableau or other data visualization tools
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.