Career Services Manager
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Career Services Manager (CSM) supports students and prepares them for participation in educational internships, postgraduate job searches, and other career goals. Reporting to the VP, Academic Affairs, the CSM promotes Shorelight Career Services programs, develops curriculum for and teaches career-readiness workshops, and serves as a local contact to nurture employer relationships and promote employers to students. This role works closely with the campus leadership teams and university partners for assigned Shorelight partners.
The CSM is a self-starter who is motivated by supporting students and preparing them to flourish in the workplace. He/She/They have strong problem-solving, decision-making, and creative-thinking abilities and demonstrates excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Ensure all concepts and details for Shorelight Career Services are integrated into any new program and/or product launches
- Take responsibility to promote marketplace Career Premium products, including internship preparation and assistance for students who meet criteria
- Secure new in-person and virtual internship opportunities through the development and implementation of partnerships with employers on state, regional, national, and international levels
- Assist students in navigating the career development, planning, and implementation process by leading students through the Shorelight Career Services Programs
- Supervise, design, present, and/or coordinate career preparation and professional development curriculum, workshops and classroom presentations with enthusiasm and creativity for assigned Shorelight partners
- Conduct one-on-one progress and coaching sessions
- Ensure student preparedness for participation in educational internships, postgraduate job searches, and other career goals
- Utilize discretion and independent judgment while working with confidential and sensitive student information during the career orientation, program adoption, and career coaching process
Employer Relationship Management
- Lead employer outreach and relationship development
- Manage career development services in the assigned portfolio of partnerships in collaboration with university partnership departments (including the campus career centers)
- Liaise with the universities career centers to promote career development, experiential education activities, and employer relations
- Collaborate with Marketing Team in the development of collateral to promote the Career Services Programs to existing and potential students
- Connect with campus leadership teams, key university-partner staff, and Shorelight colleagues, maintaining trust through open channels of communication
Data and Technology
- Track participation of and contact with students
- Analyze data and reports on the progress of the program and achievement of objectives
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate current scope of services offered
- Master’s degree
- 3+ years’ experience in career services and experiential education, recruiting, or human resources
- Experience working with international students and ability to exhibit cross-cultural awareness and understanding
- Technical aptitude and experience with spreadsheets and/or databases
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Teaching, training, or group facilitation experience
- Agency recruiting experience and knowledge of industry trends
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required – Identity, Education, Criminal
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.