Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Data Analyst helps lead efforts to weave data and analytics into the fabric of Shorelight’s everyday work. This role supports the conversion of data into tools and insights that will lead to informed business decisions, working with internal stakeholders and top management within the company.
This position is a core member of the Analytics team that focuses on “what is the best way to visually convey the story we are trying to tell or the actions we are trying to take?” You will work closely with internal business stakeholders and our data architecture team to identify, design, and implement data analytics products that drive business value.
Data Management & Analysis
- Creates compelling analyses, data visualizations, and dashboards that convey clear insights to users
- Identifies opportunities and develops recommendations to increase adoption of Analytics products by monitoring engagement and analyzing key insights
- Participates in roadmap development for future business intelligence and visualization needs
- Demonstrates ability to synthesize implications and the “so what?” from analysis; summarizes these insights in a clear, easy to understand manner for non-technical audiences
- Promotes a data-oriented culture of insight generation and the enablement of end-users
- QAs data output to ensure accuracy
- Partners with Analytics leadership and internal stakeholders to design and define analytics products based on needs of the business
- In addition to insight generation, contributes analytical support and recommendations to stakeholders as needed
- Knowledgeable of key data sources and data interdependencies within the organization to ensure all relevant parameters are considered
- 1 year of hands-on experience in Tableau (Preferred), Google Data Studio, Power BI, or other foundational data visualization software
- 1 year of exposure to ETL, databases / data warehouses that relate to developing these reports
- Comfort working with remote, international teams (U.S. based)
- Ability to work with large amounts of information and see the ‘bigger picture’
- Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, work well under pressure and be able to work across several projects and tasks both independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities, and ability to self-motivate and think strategically about how to meet goals
- Internal customer orientation and excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with adaptability
- Proactive, self-starter with ability to take initiative and deliver tangible results under deadlines
- 3 years of hands-on experience in Tableau (Preferred), Google Data Studio, Power BI, or other foundational data visualization software
- 3 years of exposure to ETL, databases / data warehouses that relate to developing these reports
- Interest in data visualization, design
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.