Desktop Support Specialist
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Desktop Support Specialist delivers direct, end-to-end technology support to Shorelight employees while providing excellent levels of service and support to the Shorelight community. This position acts as a first-line technical support contact for our global team.
- Maintain and develop strong technical expertise in key technologies in use within Shorelight, which includes areas such as operating systems, browsers, conference room A/V , Zoom, Office 365 Suite (O365 Admin, Outlook, Teams etc), Okta + Okta Admin, and the like
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT issues via Ivanti ticketing system, LogMeIn Rescue (remote desktop), Teams chat + video calls, and in-person channels
- Contribute to Desktop Operations process documentation
- Maintain familiarity with current and upcoming technology trends in mobile, desktop OS, etc.
- Demonstrate initiative in recommending enhancements and improvements to the IT infrastructure
- Help maintain a current inventory/asset system of all computer hardware and software
Support & Customer Service
- Actively monitor onboarding pipeline and ticket queues, and ensure that all requests are handled in accordance with Shorelight service delivery standards
- Escalate tickets proactively to responsible senior team members or specialists
- Demonstrate high degrees of skill and tact in the areas of teamwork and interpersonal relationships, including highly effective oral, written, and listening communication skills
- Assume other duties as required
- 2–4 years of experience in IT or a related field, with a strong background in operating systems, desktop support, security, networking, system administration, programming and scripting, and other IT technology areas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Windows 10 and Mac OSX operating systems as well as a broad suite of cloud-based and SAAS applications in a business environment
- Strong technical, multitasking, and interpersonal skills
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
- Previous support or customer service experience or training
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.