Director of Admissions, Regional Partner Operations
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Director of Admissions, Regional Partner Operations manages the end to end enrollment process for an assigned portfolio of partnerships. He/she/they serves as a strategic leader in international student enrollment and supports the Managing Directors of assigned partnerships in optimizing the admissions process to open access for qualified international students to meet enrollment goals. The Director of Admissions, Regional Partner Operations must be a self-directed individual with a demonstrated history of effective leadership. He/she/they must show excellence in problem solving, oral and written communication, and a strong attention to detail. This position reports to the Senior Director of Global Admissions, Partner Operations at Shorelight and works closely with key stakeholders across campus as well as Shorelight acquisition leadership around the world.
Management of Admissions Operations
- Serve as primary advocate for Shorelight’s mission by working with field experts to improve and execute on core values of the Shorelight admissions team
- In concert with university admissions and Shorelight admissions staff, coordinate all aspects of the application flow for assigned portfolio with a keen eye to streamlining process and opening access to qualified students
- Monitor and uphold service agreements (turnaround time) for all applicant profiles, including graduate, sponsored, and I-20 transfer students
- Ensure consistent quality of applications being delivered to university audience, including regular tracking, forecast, and analysis
- Partner with admissions staff to oversee new application case escalation to the appropriate academic or faculty personnel
- Support new program development, including admissions criteria, processes, and implementation
- Lead bi-annual evaluation of Localized Entry Requirements (LERs), acceptable credentials, and application throughput with the goal of optimizing existing processes and supporting enrollment growth and partnership goals
- Perform other duties as directed by the Senior Director of Global Admissions, Partner Operations
- Support multi-brand strategy and execution within the Shorelight portfolio to drive enrollment growth
- Work closely with acquisition leadership to support conversion activity throughout the student lifecycle for assigned portfolio
- Lead trainings on program offerings and USPs
- Serve as domain expert on program requirements and credential evaluation
- Serve as primary relationship manager of critical university personnel, including but not limited to Vice President of Enrollment Management, Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions Directors/Assistant Deans, Primary Designated School Official, and support partnership relationships with other key stakeholders in the enrollment process across the university
- Chair the Marketing Enrollment Services Committee (MESC), maintain a regular cadence of MESC meetings at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and communicate updates to the partnership Steering Committee and the wider Shorelight audience
- Work closely with Shorelight stakeholders to ensure alignment of the university brand with Shorelight’s global strategies
- Work closely with Shorelight student acquisition leadership; always looking to improve effectiveness of field communications.
- Partner with Shorelight stakeholders to drive system efficiencies and process optimization with a goal of creating access and supporting student success.
Data and Technology
- Work with university IT and engineering personnel to improve systems integration
- Regularly review market data and insights to inform strategic direction & enrollment growth for assigned partnerships
- Partner with Managing Directors to analyze enrollment funnel and support enrollment projections
- Support annual LER review to drive strategic enrollment opportunities
- Recruit, develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement for assigned portfolio team
- Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, stay interviews, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organization goals
- Provide coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
- Foster a culture that reflects Shorelight’s values
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in international education
- 3+ years of leadership and management experience
- Experience with student data management and/or application systems, including Banner, Salesforce, Synapsis, other related CRM systems, Adobe products, Marketo, Wrike, Word Press, and other marketing-related systems and software
- Knowledge of international admissions within a higher education setting
- Demonstrated excellence in managing projects and leading process
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders from local, national, and international constituencies
- Eligibility to work in and travel in and out of the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s degree in international education or related field
- Experience living in another cultural context and/or fluency in a second language
- Enthusiasm for working with international students and the professionals who serve them
- Ability to foster collaboration and trust, work collegially, and inspire others to high levels of performance
- Credential evaluation experience
- Experience leading marketing content strategy
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.