Back to Careers Page
Director of Paid Media
United States ,
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Director of Paid Media is a key member of the marketing leadership team who develops and oversees paid media efforts for the company. They are an experienced direct response marketer with a background in successfully leading teams focused on revenue growth through paid media strategies and have a track record of direct-to-consumer marketing success. This role would report to the VP of Marketing.
The Director of Paid Media manages paid media strategy including media planning, campaign development and execution, and channel optimization. This role owns the strategy and execution of the launch of paid media channels inclusive of but not limited to: paid search, paid social, and google ad-words. Working closely with program marketing and demand generation, the role develops and implements paid media (pay per click) strategies, including channel launches, testing objectives, and bidding strategies.
- Maintain and enhance the Shorelight brand portfolio including: Shorelight Corporate, US News Global Education, International University Alliance, and university and digital brands to be used interconnected and independently to deliver value to students and partners
- Develop and implement direct, scalable multichannel student marketing strategies across international markets
- Drive new student enrollment through generating leads via paid media strategy
- Work with a global team and third-party vendors to develop cutting-edge marketing platforms and execute tactics, including mobile device apps, SEM, SEO, and social media
- Create ongoing test and learn strategies to scale online marketing initiatives, including search, social, retargeting, behavioral targeting, display, and other tools
- Collaborate with the recruitment team and university program marketing teams to tailor segmented go-to-market strategies by school, by channel, by market, and audience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area; MBA preferred
- 7+ years of marketing experience with 5+ years of paid media experience
- experience in international markets a plus
- Ability to build, lead, and inspire global marketing teams
- Results-oriented strategic thinker
- Boldness—ability to think big and be creative
- Deep understanding of paid media strategy, and tools and ability to apply these within a global marketing operation
- Self-starter who thrives in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong project management skills
- Proven track record collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency with technology and social platforms
- Strong analytical skills—ability to synthesize complex data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of key international markets, programs, and products
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer