Enrollment Counselor, EMEA
Enrollment Counselor, EMEA
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Enrollment Counselor leads and executes our lead management and conversion activities in the EMEA region targeted at students seeking a U.S. university degree. Based in Dubai, the Enrollment Counselor works as part of a highly motivated professional team and is responsible for the D2C lead management and conversion of new students on campus.
The role primarily focuses on helping qualified potential international students to achieve their academic goals by advising, supporting, and enrolling them in one of Shorelight’s university partners programs. This position works closely with marketing/D2C teams to provide student-focused, optimal learning experiences and services that lead to student conversion. Measures of success for this role include the ability to drive direct applications, conversion from offer to deposit, and conversion from deposit to enrollment. A large proportion of this sales and service role is speaking with applicants and parents via online chat platforms, email, and telephone daily.
Student Lead Management
- Contribute to the growth of the business and to new student enrollments by assessing potential applicants and determining their eligibility to apply and enroll in various academic programs
- Collaborate regularly with real-time feedback loops with Digital Marketing
- Manage digital campaigns, messaging, lead volume, and lead conversion activities
- Use a consultative sales approach to guide and support prospective students through the enrollment process
- Receive and follow up on potential students via phone, email, social media, and, where beneficial and feasible, in person
- Build rapport with and guide students interested in obtaining a degree or certificate program based on prospective student’s desired goals or career interest
- Provide a positive and superior student experience
- Consistently seek opportunity to drive student growth by referrals
- Maintain a high-level knowledge of current programs, products, processes, and policies
- Demonstrate expertise in all steps of the admissions process
- Understand and communicate the value propositions of our brands (and those of our competitors) to provide an excellent student experience by offering the right program
- Drive new student enrollments from pipeline of student leads through conversion efforts
- Execute on tailored conversion activities to drive conversion from sales-qualified lead to application, application to confirmation, and confirmation to enrollment via multiple platforms to reach enrollment goals
- Leverage available tools and develop new tools that move students through the conversion process, including scholarships, student ambassador connections, webinars, testimonials, and campus visits
Tracking and Reporting
- Leverage Salesforce CRM for tracking of assigned students to track their status and progress toward enrollment
- Create consistent and observable documentation in Salesforce and throughout the student cycle of student engagement, activities, and processes
- Maintain and keep updated an ongoing student pipeline status dashboard to provide ongoing updates and reports to the team on the health of the student pipeline
- Prior education sales/enrollment experience preferred
- Working knowledge of CRM software, e.g. Salesforce, preferred
- Ability to sell high-value consumer services or products
- Proficient in writing and speaking English and preferably Arabic
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must possess confident telephone presence
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively in a team environment
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively by meeting quality standards
- Must possess effective time management skills, sense of urgency, and ability to plan and prioritize daily activities
- Excellent consultative skills and demonstrated ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess ability to receive constructive feedback and demonstrate accountability
- Must possess critical-thinking ability, problem-solving skills, and good judgment
- Ability to work in the hiring location without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.