Enrollment Service Advisor
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Enrollment Services Advisor leads and executes our pre-arrival conversion activities in the EMEA region. Based in Nigeria, the Enrollment Services Advisor works as part of a highly motivated professional team and is responsible for regional visa success and overall conversion and arrival of new students on campus.
This position works closely with recruiters, admission and marketing/D2C teams, and Shorelight’s partner campus teams to provide student-focused, optimal learning experiences and services that lead to student conversion. Measures of success for this role include the ability to drive conversion from deposit to enrollment, high rate of pre-payment, high rate of visa issuance, and on-time arrival to campuses. A large proportion of this sales and service role is speaking with applicants, parents and agents via online chat platform, email, telephone daily. The position directly reports to the Enrollment Services Manager, EMEA.
- I-20 and Visa Preparation
- Collaborate closely with agents and admissions and recruitment teams for all confirmed students to ensure efficient completion of required documents to achieve I-20s for students
- Provide a comprehensive visa preparation service to students and agents, including regular presentations to agencies, sharing of tips and best practices, and mock interviews with students to achieve a 95%+ visa issuance rate
- Track and analyze visa appointments, embassy processing times, and student interview feedback to continuously enhance and adapt visa preparation according to current trends and insights
- Pre-Departure Process and Activity Management
- Design, manage, and facilitate an engaging and informative pre-departure concierge service for students, parents, and agencies
- Participate with the planning and implementation of pre-departure events (online and offline)
- Ensure students’ financial obligations are met by facilitating payments of tuition and other associated fees before departure
- Ensure agents/students and their families complete and submit pre-arrival forms and documentation to campuses, with a focus on the transportation form, so campus teams can effectively manage the arrival process
- Work with recruitment team, students, and agencies to ensure on-time arrival of students to campus for orientation
- Serve as the main point of contact for all subregional agents and students in the pre-arrival phase
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Provide key partner’s VIP service, including customized reports, regular update of student progress, and in-agent office visits
- Analyze data to provide ongoing weekly updates, reports, and forecasts to the Enrollment Services Manager and regional team for all students
- Be the point of information and clarity on all conversion activities and student status
- Maintain a database of respective subregional students to track their status and progression to enrollment
- Stakeholder/Student Family Engagement and Management
- Manage and maintain regional agent/student online enquiry platforms
- Build a strong rapport with students, parents, channel partners, partner campus teams, admissions, and any other key stakeholders
- Maintain a database of assigned students to track their status and progress toward arrival
- Act as key contact for the campus student services teams post-arrival to help communicate with channel partners/parents to assist with any follow-on activities post-enrollment (e.g., student attendance, performance)
- Proficiency in writing and speaking English
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent ability to motivate self and work effectively in a team environment
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively by meeting quality standards
- Effective time management skills, sense of urgency, and ability to plan and prioritize daily activities
- Strong consultative skills and demonstrated ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and demonstrate accountability
- Strong critical-thinking and problem solving skills, complemented by good judgment
- Prior education sales/enrollment experience
- Working knowledge of CRM software (e.g., Salesforce)
- Experience living, working, or studying overseas
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.