Enrollment Service Advisor, North Asia
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Enrollment Services Advisor leads and executes our pre-arrival conversion activities in the North Asia region. Based in region, the Enrollment Services Advisor works as part of a highly motivated professional team and is responsible for regional visa success and overall conversion and arrival of new students on campus.
This position works closely with recruiters, admission and marketing/direct sales teams, and Shorelight’s partner campus teams to provide student-focused, optimal learning experiences and services that lead to student conversion. Measures of success for this role include the ability to drive conversion from deposit to enrollment, high rate of pre-payment, high rate of visa issuance, and on-time arrival to campuses. A large proportion of this sales and service role is speaking with applicants, parents and agents via online chat platform, email, telephone daily.
The position directly reports to the Enrollment Services Manager, North Asia.
The responsibilities of this position include:
I-20 and Visa Preparation
- Collaborate closely with admissions, agents and recruitment for all confirmed students to ensure efficient completion of required documents to achieve I-20s for students
- Provide a comprehensive visa preparation service to students and agents including regular presentations to agencies, sharing of tips and best practices, and mock interviews with students to achieve high visa issuance rates
- Provide updates to the Enrollment Services Manager on visa appointments, embassy processing times and student interview feedback to continuously enhance and adapt visa preparation according to current trends and insights
Pre-Departure Process and Activity Management
- Manage and facilitate an engaging and informative pre-departure concierge service for students, parents and agencies
- Participate with the planning and implementation of pre-departure events (online and offline)
- Ensure student’s financial obligations are met by facilitating payments of tuition and other associated fees before departure, achieving 90% pre-payment
- Ensure agents/students and their families complete and submit pre-arrival forms and documentation to campuses, with a focus on the transportation form so campus teams can effectively manage the arrival process
- Work with recruitment, students and agencies to ensure on-time arrival of students to campus for orientation
- Serve as the main point of contact for all sub-regional agents and students in the pre-arrival phase
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Provide key partner’s VIP service, including customized reports, regular update of student progress, and in agent office visits
- Analyze data in order to provide ongoing weekly updates, reports and forecasts to the Enrollment Services Manager and Regional team(s) for all students
- Be the point of information and clarity on all conversion activities and student status
- Maintain a database of respective sub-regional students to track their status and progression to enrollment
Stakeholder / Student Family Engagement and Management
- Manage and maintain regional agent/student online enquiry platforms
- Build a strong rapport with students, parents, channel partners, partner campus teams, admissions and any other key stakeholders
- Maintain a database of assigned students to track their status and progress toward arrival
- Act as key contact for the campus student services teams post arrival to help communicate with channel partners/parents to assist with any follow-on activities post enrollment (i.e. student attendance, performance etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience living, working, or studying overseas preferred
- Proficient in writing and speaking English and Mandarin
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively in a team environment
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively by meeting quality standards
- Must possess effective time management skills, sense of urgency and ability to plan and prioritize daily activities
- Must possess consultative skills and demonstrate ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess ability to receive constructive feedback and demonstrate accountability
- Must possess critical thinking, problem solving skills and good judgment
- Working knowledge of CRM software, e.g. Salesforce
- Prior Education Sales/Enrollment experience
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.