Executive Director, Regional Partner Operations, West
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Executive Director, Regional Partner Operations, West, manages a portfolio of campuses within the Shorelight group of colleges and universities. The Executive Director provides strategic and ongoing leadership to the Managing Directors, sharing best practices, managing performance based on Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and ensuring account management among university leadership on each campus.
The individual in this role is a skilled people manager who successfully leads, motivates, and inspires senior managers who drive an innovative educational venture. He or she has a truly international outlook, the ability to work in a diverse environment, and a cross-cultural awareness and understanding. The main responsibility of this role is to ensure the consistent delivery of a high-quality experience for all students, ensuring the smooth operation of the program with a focus on enrollment growth and student success.
This key leadership position is based at or near a Shorelight partner school. It includes travel to existing and prospective partnerships (approximately 25%).
Regional Campus Operations
- Overall responsibility for managing operations of the region of campuses under Shorelight Education’s Partner Operations unit:
- Provide leadership, manage performance, and ensure KPIs are exceeded and programs are running consistently in areas of student enrollment, satisfaction, student support, academic quality, staff engagement, and other metrics as determined by the partnership Steering Committee
- Identify, share, and encourage best practices to enable each campus to exceed objectives
- Create platform to report on monthly metrics, including but not limited to student enrollment, satisfaction, retention, progression, staff engagement, and P&L management
- Manage operations of the region, including ensuring systems and procedures are established and followed to maintain accurate records and reporting on all aspects of the program
- P&L responsibility for the region
- Represent the region internationally and domestically, including participation in marketing and recruitment events, partnership meetings, and Shorelight Education events
- Support the launch and management of other Shorelight Education Partnership Campus locations through participation in the business development and implementation cycles
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders including university leadership, Shorelight Education executive team, and global teams
- Liaise with key contacts at the university, on the Steering Committee, and at Shorelight Education to set partnership goals, track progress, and work with the Managing Director to identify opportunities for improvement and growth
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts and customer stakeholders
- Recruit, develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement
- Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, stay interviews, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organization goals
- Provide coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
- Foster a culture that reflects Shorelight’s values
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience in management with strong team motivational skills
- Demonstrated P&L responsibility
- Proven ability to recruit, lead, motivate, coach, develop, and retain top academic and administrative staff
- Record of leadership delivering strategic, financial, and operational objectives
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to multitask and be attentive to details
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Problem-solving, decision-making, and creative-thinking abilities, as demonstrated in previous job responsibilities and performance
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s degree
- Work experience in international education, Pathways into universities, or the ESL sector
- Understanding of student support services for international student
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.