Lead Salesforce Developer
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Lead Salesforce Developer performs hands-on technical implementation with a focus on delivering functional solutions on the Salesforce platform. This role contributes to the architecture, deployment, and documentation of projects that leverage the Salesforce toolset. As a subject matter expert, the Lead Salesforce Developer liaises with internal stakeholders to understand their business needs and develop appropriate solutions through Salesforce. Managing time in an Agile environment to ensure the project is delivered on time and aligned with customer expectations is critical along with strong relationship-building capabilities, excellent problem-solving skills, and adaptability. Exceptional written and oral communication skills with an ability to design and facilitate executive-level presentations to stakeholders and organizational leadership is essential. The Lead Salesforce Developer will report to the Principal Quality Assurance Manager.
Architecture & Design
- Architect and develop and lead developers in solutioning Salesforce platform using Apex, Visualforce, Lightning and other salesforce Components
- Architect and Simplify current and future Salesforce solutions.
- Design system to satisfy System performance and perform Performance tuning for Salesforce Infrastructure.
- Design and develop solutions that integrate with Managed Packages from Salesforce Partners using APIs from Salesforce and 3rd parties
- Develop and Maintain Process and principles on Code review, Build/Deploy and unit test for Salesforce
- Develop code and unit tests to implement business requirements as part of an Agile Scrum Development team
- Make accurate Level of Effort estimates to requirements and communicate to stakeholders
- Perform and guide members on development, unit testing and defect fixes
- Perform and advice on performance tuning of various internal and external salesforce integrations.
- Conduct design and code reviews with peers and third-party development team members
- Write clear and accurate technical documentation
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years’ experience implementing Salesforce solutions
- Extensive experience as Salesforce Architect and Lead Developer
- Expertise in business intelligence, reporting, and analytics
- Solid knowledge of Salesforce development best practices
- Solid knowledge of SQL, SOQL, SOSL and understanding of relational databases
- Proficiency with the Force.com IDE, Git, SFDX and other common development tools
- Solid knowledge of Data modeling, Database design, and Data governance
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience designing and implementing Salesforce solutions within the Sales and Service Clouds
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related subject
- One or more Salesforce certifications demonstrating current knowledge as a Data Architecture and / Or Platform Developer
- Experience with ETL (Informatica)
- Familiarity with Data migration with Salesforce
- Knowledgeable in object-oriented programming languages, such as Java, C#, C++
- Experience working / leading remote third-party development teams
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.