UDayton Global is an innovative partnership between the University of Dayton and Shorelight. Together, they created UDayton Global’s International Accelerator Program (IAP), which combines intensive English-language instruction with courses, programs, and additional support to help international students succeed. Offering programs for both undergraduate and graduate students, both on campus and through Shorelight’s LIVE technology, the IAP expands the university’s efforts to educate students from around the world and ensure positive outcomes.
The University of Dayton is a top-tier Catholic, Marianist research university that stands as a leader in higher education and one of the preeminent Catholic universities in the nation. It is one of the largest private universities in Ohio, with enrollment of more than 11,500 students, including more than 8,300 full-time undergraduates. The university employs approximately 2,600 full-time and part-time faculty and staff and is distinguished by strong academics, research, and community involvement.
The Managing Director (MD) develops and serves as the operational leader across programs for international students at University of Dayton. The MD’s primary responsibility is to drive enrollment goals and ensure a high-quality experience for all students in this specialized academic program. As the most senior member of the staff, the MD builds the partnership, provides strategic and ongoing leadership, and oversees day-to-day operations.
The successful candidate is a skilled relationship manager who can successfully lead an innovative educational partnership venture. The MD is committed to quality and to the specialized attention and guidance that international students require. The MD displays an entrepreneurial spirit to continuously innovate methods to advance the partnership, leading and inspiring others to do the same. The MD is an excellent communicator and a strong strategic thinker with the dual capacity to see the big picture and attend to details. The MD must be a strong team player who can enthuse and galvanize colleagues around the institution’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Serve as strategic leader of the partnership, including understanding and driving enrollment and diversity goals, driving annual strategy, and partnering with university leadership
- Partner with student recruitment leadership to understand competitive landscape and key market opportunities
- Lead all training on academic partnership programs and support regional recruitment activity through campus webinars, campaigns, and events
- Ensure that the program retains students and guides, prepares, and motivates them to degree completion
- Develop the strategy and programs required to deliver exemplary and differentiated customer service
- Ensure academic integrity and compliance
- Ensure systems and procedures are established and followed to maintain accurate records and reporting on all aspects of the program
- Analyze data and reports on the progress of the program and achievement of objectives
Campus Fiscal Operations
- Assume overall P&L responsibility, including budget management
- Contribute to financial planning and analysis to support strategic plan
- Lead new product development and optimization to support revenue growth and margin improvement
- Partner with key stakeholders across the university to ensure effective communication, collaboration, and support of key initiatives and goals
- Foster external relationships and partnerships to enhance the profile and success of the program
- Represent the program internationally and domestically, including participation in marketing events
- Manage relationships with all key UD and Shorelight stakeholders across acquisition, academics, student services, finance, and operations
- Recruit, develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement
- Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, stay interviews, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organizational goals
- Provide coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
- Foster a culture that reflects Shorelight’s and the University of Dayton’s values
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in management with strong team motivational skills
- Demonstrated P&L responsibility
- Proven ability to recruit, lead, motivate, coach, develop, and retain top academic and/or administrative staff
- Demonstrated experience in building positive and productive relationships
- Record of leadership delivering strategic, financial, and operational objectives
- Understanding of student support services for international students
- Direct experience within higher education or related educational services
- Demonstrated and exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s degree
- Experience working within a joint venture and/or a highly matrixed organizational structure
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
UDayton Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.