Marketplace Manager – Utah Global
Utah Global is a partnership between the University of Utah and Shorelight. In support of the University’s strategic plan of bringing the world to the USA and Utah Global to the world, the mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic successes and likelihood of obtaining their degrees at the University of Utah.
The Marketplace Manager (MM) promote and manages all non-academic products and services offered through Utah Global, which includes but is not limited to student housing and accommodations, dining plans, insurance, affiliate vendor services, and living essentials catered to international students enrolled in International Accelerator Programs. The MM designs and maintains dynamic data systems that track all products and services offered. This role owns the financial performance, marketing associated with the products, and the student satisfaction for this line of business. This role reports to the Managing Director.
The Marketplace Manager is an energetic team player who takes initiative and has excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Exceptional sales and customer service skills with proven negotiation abilities are critical. He/She/They is a skilled problem solver who demonstrates tact, patience, and diplomacy, particularly with non-native English speakers. The MM is organized with strong attention to detail. He/She/They is comfortable multitasking, adjusts quickly to shifting priorities, and has a strong attention to detail.
Ancillary Services Management
- Lead pre-arrival process to ensure ancillary program assignments are prepared, including but not limited to booking and confirming arrival reservations, making housing assignments, and executing room set-up lists as well as managing punch card
- Collaborate with Student Service Team in updating ancillary products, including activation and continuation of dining, insurance, and other services delivered to students
- Develop and manage a dynamic system to oversee regular housing inspection schedules and follow-up on remediation as necessary through third-party vendor networks
- Place students into housing locations, keeping accurate and up-to-date housing inventory to assist in forecasting exercises
- Enroll student in and maintain accurate student records for housing, dining, insurance, etc.
- Oversee maintenance of accurate records for student addresses; generate forms and information to students in housing to facilitate move-in and move-out
- Liaise with the Student Services Team and Resident Assistants on the orientation/intake process, planning engagement activities at housing locations, resident verifications, room checks, and intervention
- Oversee third-party property management services to assure execution of items escalated for remediation; conducting follow up as needed
- Manage local cleaning service companies on cleaning and room turnover
- Lead the formulation and maintenance of housing policies and procedures, which may include eligibility, lease agreements, petitions, emergency or temporary housing, and riders to leases
- Recruit, develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement
- Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, stay interviews, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organizational goals
- Provide coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
- Foster a culture that reflects Shorelight’s values
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality Management, or related field
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Excellent data management skills, including an understanding of how to create and maintain complex databases and produce reports as needed
- Experience with new product implementation and promotion for internal and external customers
- Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Higher Education Administration, Hospitality Management, or related field
- Experience working in Hospitality Operations Management
- Experience working in lease administration, portfolio management, property management or three years of experience working in a university based international student pathway program
- Experience working successfully with non-native speakers of English
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM software to produce reports and maintain accurate data
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required – Education, Criminal, Identity
Utah Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.