Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Payroll Manager leads the payroll function by processing payroll, coordinating with Human Resources on all changes impacting payroll, and is the primary contact with the payroll service provider. The Payroll Manager reports to the Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting and oversees the Payroll Specialist role.
The Payroll Manager is an energetic team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has excellent customer service skills, works well under pressure and challenging deadlines, and pays strong attention to detail. He/She/They handle sensitive information and situations, so a high level of confidentiality is critical. The Payroll Manager must also have strong communication and problem- solving skills for successful collaboration across all departments and at all levels.
- Assist with and oversee the biweekly payroll processing of domestic, multi-state payroll
- Review and import hours from the time and attendance module
- Coordinate with regional offices to process funding for monthly international payrolls
- Support payroll reconciliation to general ledger
- Ensure all regulatory payroll related filings are performed as required by the company’s payroll service provider
- Lead annual process for developing, reviewing, and sending W-2’s to employees in accordance with federal deadlines
- Comply with and enhance internal control policies and best practices associated with payroll transactions/disbursements, including SOX/404 internal controls readiness
- Review and approve invoices from benefit service providers and resolve any discrepancies
- Assist in 401k audit readiness and 401k contribution tie-out
- Support monthly financial operations metrics initiative by submitting metrics timely within area of responsibility
Reporting and Data Integrity
- Ensure all employees are in appropriate state and country locations per alignment with Human Resources
- Perform biweekly payroll analytic analysis and summary of changes
- Produce scheduled and ad-hoc reports pertaining to payroll and Human Resources requirements
- Assist in maintaining data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data and reviewing source documents for accuracy and completion of data input
- Attract, develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement
- Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organization goals
- Provide coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
- Foster a culture that reflects Shorelight’s values
- 5+ years of experience processing payroll and assisting with associated general ledger accounting activities in NetSuite
- Experience with payroll practices and multistate compliance, as well as a general understanding of associated payroll benefits
- Knowledge of payroll, time, and attendance, HRIS and self-service systems for a large-scale payroll provider (e.g. – ADP, Workday, Ceridian, Paylocity, UltiPro and Paychex)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Payroll certification(s)
- Experience with Paylocity
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Experience with SOX/404 compliance in a publicly traded company
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to apply with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.