Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Product Manager is an integral role on the Product and Engineering teams, working closely with business stakeholders to fully define the product and articulate its strategic value on the Company’s long-term roadmap. Working as key part of the Product Requirements Team, the Product Manager highlights each product’s position on the roadmap, ensures the business case for the product is clear, and defines ample requirements to support articulation of each product’s return on investment (ROI). He/She/They works in tandem with the Technical Product Owner group as well as with software development, architecture, and operations experts in advocacy of the product’s strategic value. This role reports to the Senior Director, Technical Product Management.
The Product Manager is an energetic team player who thrives in a fast-paced, high-tech environment and has excellent analytical and conceptual thinking skills. He/She/They is a problem solver with outstanding oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject-matter experts. The ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities and deadlines, make decisions with limited information, and manage time efficiently is essential. The Product Manager understands and solves business challenges using both big picture and detailed perspectives. Having a good understanding of full product lifecycle is imperative.
- Working with product sponsors to define the vision of the product and ensure stakeholders have a clear understanding of the scope of the initiative
- Creating technical requirements and specifications necessary to a product’s successful release in preparation for the transition to the Technical Product Owner and Engineering teams
- Ensuring the defined product scope and approach supports the expected ROI for each initiative prior to development
- Produce business and technology intelligence based on defined technical roadmap initiatives and ongoing agile sprints
- Maintain a strong understanding of Shorelight’s technical systems to identify problems, propose solutions through collaboration with technical teams, and work across business functions to clarify gaps in current systems
- Provide a supportive role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of release/sprint goals
- Develop expertise and empathy for customers and learners to ensure a high quality user experience
- Document and communicate technology roadmap milestones to the product requirements and agile delivery teams
- Develop rapport and trust with business owners, key stakeholders, and a highly technical development team to collaborate and ensure product alignment
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience in product/portfolio management or new product development
- Successful track record of managing all aspects of a product throughout its lifecycle
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or a business-related field
- 5+ years of experience in product/portfolio management or new product development
- Product Management certification (CAPM, PMP, related)
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.