Recruitment Manager – West Africa
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Recruitment Manager, West Africa (RM, WA) executes student recruitment and pre-arrival conversion activities across West Africa, targeted at international students seeking a U.S. university degree. The role will include channel development and account management of a regional network of direct and indirect accounts, along with building and managing student campaigns and pre-arrival processes, spanning the entire application cycle start to finish, successfully driving enrollments to Shorelight’s university partners.
This position is remote based in Lagos, Nigeria and directly reports to the Regional Director, EMEA.
Business Development and Relationship Management
- Help build and drive execution on Shorelight’s regional student recruitment strategies, partnering with members of the sales, marketing, admissions, and enrollment services teams to achieve regional goals and ensure end-to-end student conversion
- Grow and manage key channel accounts and partnerships to achieve enrollment targets for all university partnerships
- Travel extensively to attend recruitment and outreach activities, seminars, conferences, meetings, and training events. Build strong and lasting relationships with current and prospective students, families, faculty, staff, agents, partners and other external institutions and vendors.
- Work effectively with the university liaisons to ensure smooth entry into the school or program (working with Finance on incoming deposits, tracking of payments, processing of agent contracts and commissions as necessary, assisting with form completion, coordinating arrival transportation for new incoming students, etc.)
Process and Data Management
- Maintain a data-driven approach to recruitment, monitoring enrollment trends, and reporting on all phases of recruitment process to the Sales Director and Regional Director, utilizing technology systems
- Maintain maximum levels of competitor awareness, product knowledge, and market intelligence
- Execute on efficient and streamlined processes for all stages of the recruitment process (inquiry, application, assessment, offer, acceptance, visa applications, orientation, etc.) with strong focus on conversion of inquiries to applications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area
- 3-5 years of experience in the international education/recruitment
- Strong sales and account management skills
- Proven track record of working collaboratively
- Strategic-minded and sales-driven, strong drive for results, pressure-resilient
- Proficiency with technology and reporting programs/systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exemplary customer service skills and ability to foster a customer service ethic within the work team
- Willingness to travel
- Beneficial to have existing network and relationships within the education industry in the US, strong working knowledge of key international markets, programs and products, and US higher education
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.