Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer validates solutions within Shorelight’s applications. This role is integral throughout the development lifecycle, the core functions being requirements and solution analysis, testing of new and modified functionality, providing Automated and Manual Testing solutions and support of user acceptance testing. The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager.
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer is an energetic team player who thrives in a fast paced, high-tech environment and has a positive attitude. He/She/They are a problem solver with outstanding oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to address both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels of the organization. The ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities and deadlines, make decisions with limited information, and manage time efficiently is essential.
- Provide estimates for testing activities
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Identify, record, thoroughly document, and track bugs
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and execute testing activities
- Support and facilitate user acceptance testing
- Create and maintain Automation Testing solutions
- Participate fully in our Agile/Scrum development process
- Collaborate with the development team and business partners to ensure requirements compliance, determine release readiness, and triage defects discovered in the field
- Lead the end-to-end delivery of testing projects, including planning, assessment, design, development, integration, testing, and deployment of solutions
- Coordinate testing effort in Swarm session with team
- Create test plans with detailed test cases and execute projects using Agile to ensure the project is delivered on time and aligned with customer expectations
- Monitor and document test milestones and outcomes throughout the testing lifecycle to ensure adherence to established quality standards
- Conduct team meetings and situational analysis regularly to ensure appropriate communication to all stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related subject
- 3+ years of experience as Software QA/QE testing multi-tier, Client/web, frontend , backend and DB applications
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Programming skills in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g., C# or Java)
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum
- Experience with setting up testing process, including risk management regarding testing
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related subject
- Testing Salesforce applications
- Project management skills, including but not limited to risk management, delegating, and benchmarking
- Performance and/or security testing
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders, including but not limited to the Product Team and the Engineering Team
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required — Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.