Senior Software Engineer
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive
and create a new generation of successful, globally-minded alumni.
The Senior Software Engineer is a major contributor to development and delivery of Web-based applications and integration of third-party tools into Shorelight’s ecosystem. This role will work across the full stack (HTML5/CSS3, React.js/Redux, Node.js, Java, Python), leveraging the latest technologies to deliver top-notch technical solutions that excite our customers. The Senior Software Engineer has excellent oral and written communication skills, solid analytical and problem-solving abilities, and pays close attention to detail. He/She/They are comfortable multitasking, changing priorities as needed, and managing time efficiently. This role reports to the Software Engineering Manager.
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, and support technical solutions across the full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Work closely with Product Management to understand end-user requirements and translate them into high-quality, timely deliverables
- Participate in peer code reviews, knowledge sharing, and assist other engineers in their work
- Document Development phases and Monitor systems in place including keeping integrations are up-to-date
- Assist in development/coding task planning, estimation, and scheduling
- Continuously improve software engineering practices and standards
- Explore and evaluate new and emerging software tools and technologies. Bring fresh ideas that can benefit the project
- Comply with Shorelight Written Information Security Policy, and all other Shorelight Information Security Policies and Procedures. Promptly report any security events, incidents, or weaknesses to Shorelight Security
- Take responsibility for any Shorelight assets assigned to you
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in computer science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Solid knowledge of developing application, tools, and integrations with Python
- Strong experience designing RESTful APIs using Microservices architecture, and middle tier coding in Node.js and/or Java
- Experience with variety of SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and/or NoSQL databases (MongoDB, ElasticSearch)
- Experience delivering products using Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Eligible to work and travel in the United States without sponsorship
- Previous experience integrating with Salesforce or similar CRM products to develop client or business solutions
- Familiarity with DevOps tooling for development (Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Strong understanding of web application security concepts
- High proficiency with React.js/Redux
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required – Identity, Education, Criminal
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.