Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally-minded alumni.
The Software Engineer supports the development and delivery of Web-based applications, Salesforce extensions, and integration of third-party tools into Shorelight’s ecosystem. The person in this role will be working across the full stack (HTML5/CSS3, React.js/Redux, Node.js, Java, SFDC), leveraging the latest technologies to deliver top-notch technical solutions that excite our customers.
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, and support technical solutions across the full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Work closely with Product Management to understand end-user requirements and translate them into high-quality, timely deliverables.
- Participate in peer code reviews, knowledge sharing, and assist other engineers in their work.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices and standards.
- Explore and evaluate new and emerging software tools and technologies. Bring fresh ideas that can benefit the project.
- Comply with Shorelight Written Information Security Policy, and all other Shorelight Information Security Policies and Procedures. Promptly report any security events, incidents or weaknesses to Shorelight Security.
- Take responsibility for any Shorelight assets assigned to you.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in computer science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience designing RESTful APIs using Microservices architecture, and middle tier coding in Node.js and/or Java.
- Familiarity with SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and/or NoSQL databases (MongoDB, ElasticSearch).
- Experience delivering products using Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills and strong attention to details.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Eligible to work and travel in the United States without sponsorship.
- Familiarity with DevOps tooling for development (Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes) is a plus.
- Understanding of web application security concepts is highly advantageous.
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required – Identity, Education, Criminal
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.