Technical Support Manager
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Technical Support Manager oversees all the desktop and technology support for our team members and external customers. This role manages the internal and external facing support teams, prioritizes their work, and ensures the team meets our SLAs. He/She/They manage all software and hardware purchasing to support new hires as well as maintain ongoing inventory of consumables. The Technical Support Manager will be the subject matter expert in several of the internal solutions used within the organization.
The Technical Support Manager must be self-motivated and self-directed. He/She/They is comfortable multitasking, changing priorities as needed, and managing time efficiently. The Technical Support Manager has exceptional interpersonal skills and communicates in a prompt, courteous, and effective manner. He/She/They has a proven ability to address both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels of the organization. This role reports to the Director, System and Software Management.
Essential Functions Technical Support
- Manage a global team of support engineers and technicians as well as recruit and train new members.
- Actively monitor onboarding pipeline and ticket queues, and ensure that all requests are handled in accordance with Shorelight’s service delivery standards
- Work collaboratively with the other Operations team leads on facilities, project management and process improvement and tracking.
- Create, document, and publish processes and knowledgebase articles for internal and external reference
- Troubleshoot and resolve all levels of technical issues to onsite and remote users
- Maintain familiarity with current and upcoming technology trends in mobile, desktop OS, etc.
- Make continual improvements to support processes and procedures to improve response times, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate high degrees of skill and tact in the areas of teamwork and interpersonal relationships, including highly effective oral, written, and listening communication skills
- Maintain and develop strong technical expertise in key technologies used within the company, including but not limited to operating systems, browsers, Zoom, Office 365, Okta, and similar technology
- Partner closely with and provide feedback to Engineering and Product teams to understand product functions and potential areas of improvement
- Work closely with Human Resources team to ensure smooth onboarding for our global team members
- Be the face of the technical support organization that creates an environment that fosters and promotes trust, accessibility, and subject matter expertise across all tiers of the company and in all products and services
Tracking & Analytics
- Track and monitor ticket workflows and resolution times
- Provide reports and ticket analysis to the Product team and other internal stakeholders
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate current scope of services and customer satisfaction to identify and continually improve the customer journey and experience
- Identify trends and potential opportunities for training or product improvements
- Responsible for the overall supply and laptop budget for the company, including coordinating purchases with global teams
- Work with Human Resources team to understand annual hiring trends and forecasts for proper asset planning and budgeting
- Maintain current inventory/asset tracking system of all computer hardware and software and their owners
- Attract, develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement
- Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organization goals
- Provide coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
- Foster a culture that reflects Shorelight’s values
- 5+ years of experience in IT or a related field, with a strong background in operating systems, desktop support, security, networking, system administration, programming and scripting, and other IT technology areas
- Deep familiarity with Windows 10 and Mac OSX operating systems as well as a broad suite of cloud-based and SAAS applications in a business environment
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
- Previous support or customer service experience or training
- Previous experience managing a small team
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.